[mythtvnz] Sky Sports on Mythtv

Dean Pemberton dean at deanpemberton.com
Thu Nov 22 01:24:18 GMT 2007

Hi Barry.

At the moment this is not possible.  Sky uses a version of encryption
which is customised and different to other providers in the world.
While you are correct that decoder cards with smart card slots exist,
there is currently none which will work for Sky NZ.  Do not be fooled
with cards which mention "Sky" as this is often Sky UK who use different
encryption.

The best bet to as Robin suggests, an SVideo feed into a PVR card.  I
use a PVR-500 for eg.  The only thing to sort out then is the channel
changing  via IR diode.

Hope this helps

Dean