[mythtvnz] 22kHz and dvbstream question

Dean Pemberton dean at deanpemberton.com
Sun Nov 18 21:54:53 GMT 2007

Hi all;

The upshot of this question is "What do people use for manual tuning on
multiple LNBs?", details to follow

When I had a simple Single LNB I was able to use dvbstream and mplayer
to show video from which ever freq/pid I wanted.  Now however I have a
Universal LNB pointed at D1 and in the next few days I'll have a whole
heap of different sats and a multiswitch.

I'd still like to be able to view things in mplayer to have a look at
new channels/feeds etc but dvbstream doesn't look like it's the right
tool for the job anymore.

The main problem is not being able to send a 22kHz tone with dvbstream
(something that dvbtune does just fine).
The Universal LNB as you all know needs this to select the high band,
and the multiswitch will use this too.

So my questions is, what tools do other people use in order to select,
tune and view video with mplayer?

Save me having to put things into myth if I'm just testing what it looks
like.

Thanks

Dean