[mythtvnz] Doctor Who?

Andrew Ruthven andrew at etc.gen.nz
Mon Nov 12 17:52:30 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 22:16 +1300, Hadley Rich wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 22:08:35 Duncan Kennington wrote:
> > And Brothers and Sisters tonight.  The wife is fuming.
>
> TV2 appears to have gone a little nuts tonight actually with 3 programs in a
> row having messed up titles.
>
> I can think of an easy way of catching those ones with an epgsnoop processor,
> basically; s/Brothers And Sisters.*/Brothers And Sisters/ in the title. This
> won't catch things like Dr Who/Doctor Who but we could probably come up with
> something for things like that too.

I currently run a filter on my EPG data before I hand it off to
mythfilldatabase which fixes the errors that I care about (and hopefully
noticed before the time!).  I was thinking about modifying this script
to fetch the rewrite rules from a website and then let people submit new
rules.

Would this be of interest to people?

Cheers!

--