[mythtvnz] Multiswitch and Myth

Dean Pemberton dean at deanpemberton.com
Mon Nov 5 21:27:48 GMT 2007

Steven Ellis wrote:

> At the moment I've got a 4 port Diseqc switch which works well. Just need
> to double check that you saved all of the settings before trying to assign
> the video sources.
>
> Best bet it to use dvbscan or dvbtune to test the diseqc and confirm which
> LNB is connected to which port.

Yeah I've been trying to get my head around how I have to set up the
Diseqc stuff in mythtv-setup.  Whats the difference between "Diseqc" and
"Diseqc Uncommitted".

If I'm correct you need Diseqc to chose between the first 2 banks on the
switch, and then 22kHz for the second and finally vert/hori.
So it shouldn't be too hard to get Myth to see this stuff.

One of these might be worth a try, there is always trademe if I can't
get it working, although I suspect all the potential buyers are already
reading this thread =)

Dean