[mythtvnz] nice EPG

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 24 May 2007 22:36:22 +1200

------=_Part_163914_28527723.1180002982831

On 5/24/07, Craig Whitmore <lennon@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

> > I've had some queries from potential customers as they have assumed the
> > DVB EPG data is updated on a per-second basis, and includes signals to
> > indicate the exact start/end time of programs.
>
> Maybe I shouldn't ask.. but does anyone written a program to get the non
> encrypted EIT data accessed via the SKY transcievers to convert to the
> corresponding FTA analog stuff  on mythtv ? (So you can get the EIT data
> for
> channel 1,2,3 from Sky Transceivers etc and use this when viewing
> channel1,2,3 on analog TV (Instead of having to run xmltvnz or whatever to
> scrape the websites for the same data)

You can do this with any feed - just make sure the xmltvids are the same for
each copy of the channel and then load the data against each source. E.g.,
use epgsnoop or tv_grab_dvb to get an xml file from the Sky transponder then
do something like:
mythfilldatabase --update --file 1 -1 listings.xml
mythfilldatabase --update --file 2 -1 listings.xml

This is actually what I do - I use the Sky data for both Sky and Freeview.
If you have a channel on multiple sources you are better off using the same
listings data for all copies because otherwise minor differences in program
names can stop the scheduler from moving a recording between cards.

Cheers,
Steve

------=_Part_163914_28527723.1180002982831

Maybe I shouldn&#39;t ask.. but does anyone written a program to get the non<br>encrypted EIT data accessed via the SKY transcievers to convert to the<br>corresponding FTA analog stuff&nbsp;&nbsp;on mythtv ? (So you can get the EIT data for

------=_Part_163914_28527723.1180002982831--