[mythtvnz] Freeview dish set-up woes

Matt Poff mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 21 May 2007 10:33:37 +1200

> Go to your dish with your signal meter.  connect it in line as per
> usual & point your dish NORTH-ish (you'll be getting good at this by
> now!).  Initially set the sat meter so it JUST stops squealing.

Cheers again (Going to have to start a blog to summarize all this great
advice - what a fantastic list!). The problem I have is that I can't
stop the meter squealing no matter what I do. As long as the cable is
connected it's maxing out. If I adjust the screw on the back
(sensitivity right?) or the dB knob on the front. No change (that is to
say the neighbour's dog keeps barking until it stops... ha-ha).

Matt