[mythtvnz] Myth and PowerTOP

Andrew Ruthven mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 21 May 2007 09:25:08 +1200

--=-L4e9CemO9IjZkH0giQdy

On Sun, 2007-05-20 at 22:42 +1200, Neil Henwood wrote:
> Saw this in one of the other Linux mailing lists the other day and was=20
> wondering if anybody has been game enough to see what sort of additional=20
> power consumption that our Myth boxes might be using?
>=20
> Will be an interesting project to get rid of any unneeded CPU calls that=20
> the suite makes as I assume that most of the myth boxes we are running=20
> go 24x7.
>=20
> http://www.linuxpowertop.org/powertop.php

I have a new kernel compiled with the required settings to go on my
backend, just haven't had a chance to reboot into it yet.

I can post some results once I try it out.

Unfortunately this box is also being web, mail, file, print and DB for
our house, so my results might be a bit skewed...

Cheers!

--=20
Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand
At home: andrew@etc.gen.nz       |  This space intentionally