[mythtvnz] Freeview dish set-up woes

Matt Poff mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 20 May 2007 16:04:16 +1200

Steven Ellis wrote:
> I'm assuming you are using screw on F-Type connectors? You shouldn't
> need to peel back the shielding. but otherwise it sounds OK. Can you use
> a circuit tester to make sure you have no shorts?
>
> Also is the meter turned up to the max?

First time round I didn't strip it but thought it might be contributing.
Haven't got a circuit tester unfortunately so no I can't tell. I do know
that if when I  plug the cable into the tuner as soon as the outer
sleeve touches the thread of the tuner the squark starts. Otherwise the
copper wire inserts without setting off the sat finder.