[mythtvnz] Freeview dish set-up woes

Matt Poff mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 20 May 2007 15:22:51 +1200

Well, I figured the connection might be shorting somewhere so I redid
all the RG6 connections (screw-on). I've got the LNB out of the dish on
the floor on the end of the cable connections and the same thing
happens. Start dvbtune, the meter maxes out and squeals.

I can only assume something is shorting out again... anyone know of any
good cable service people in Wellington who would put crimped
connections on a few lengths of cable? Then again I guess they'll cost
more than the crimping tool I didn't want to have to buy in the first place.

Why the hell it's shorting I don't know. I've got a 1/4" of shielding
folded back over the wrapper, a 1/4" of inner plastic core with the foil
stripped off and a 1/4" of copper wire at the end. Should do it
shouldn't it?

Cheers,
Matt