[mythtvnz] RG6 cable and mains power cable fed through same junction box - interference likely?

Richard mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sat, 19 May 2007 14:44:18 +1200

A double flushbox will not take 2 single plates on it, you will need to
install a twin flushbox to do what you want, and PDL don't really seem to
have anything that will fit it. You may be ok with the 800 series gear
however. I don't know since I have never used it.

You will need a separated box. Clipsal make several for their 2000 series to
do exactly this, but those plates are kind of ugly.

Keep it our of the same cavity in the box, that's against the regs. You
could just chop a hole beside the powerpoint and put a gib gripping box in
to hold the coax plate and leave the power one alone, or swap it for a
single flushbox and patch the hole up.

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtvnz-admin@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
[mailto:mythtvnz-admin@lists.linuxnut.co.nz] On Behalf Of Matt Poff
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2007 9:52 AM
To: mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Subject: [mythtvnz] RG6 cable and mains power cable fed through same
junction box - interference likely?

I'm thinking of feeding some RG6 cable (just standard stuff - not ultra
shielded)  up into a  existing 1970s side-by-side two socket flush box
(replacing the old 1970's face plate with two vertical PDL face plates
side-by-side, one with the two power sockets, the other with coax TV/FM
and RG6 connectors).

Anyone know if I'm likely to have  any problems with interference
locating the signal cables this close to mains power cables? The comms
cables come through the floor and the power cable comes from above so
they are only in close proximity in the flush box.