[mythtvnz] TVNZ starts new channel for V8's

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 17 May 2007 22:19:37 +1200

Craig Whitmore wrote:

>>> I'm upgrading to WinTV-HVR4000 with DVS-S/DVS-T/TV Tuner/DVS-S2 etc
>>> (They are available wholesale now in NZ)
>> Who are you seeing as the wholesaler?
>
> TechPac/IngramMicro are the wholesaler.
>
> http://www.aquilatech.co.nz looks like they get alot of their stuff
> from Techpac and their price is pretty good compared to the wholesale
> price.
Looks like the same sort of time they have been quoting for the HVR3000
and I haven't seen them actually get any in yet. I wouldn't hold your
breath.

>> Be interesting to see this card when they get all of the kinks out. The
>> Windows driver allows simultaneous use of 3 tuners, but I thought the
>> Linux driver was one tuner at a time
>
> Yes it looks good. except it only does Disqec V1.0 only for some
> reason as far as I can tell. (I'd need something to plug into it to
> test it) after I get the card but there is about a 2 week wait for it
> at the wholesalers (and aquilatech who get it from there)
>
> btw.. is there any DVB-T being broadcast at the moment?

Haven't seen any since the odd broadcast during the NeXT training for
the STBs a couple of months ago.

Just DVB-S(2) + Analogue would be handy at the moment.

--
Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited