[mythtvnz] TVNZ starts new channel for V8's

Craig Whitmore mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 17 May 2007 21:49:36 +1200

>> I'm upgrading to WinTV-HVR4000 with DVS-S/DVS-T/TV Tuner/DVS-S2 etc
>> (They are available wholesale now in NZ)
> Who are you seeing as the wholesaler?

TechPac/IngramMicro are the wholesaler.

http://www.aquilatech.co.nz looks like they get alot of their stuff from
Techpac and their price is pretty good compared to the wholesale price.

> Be interesting to see this card when they get all of the kinks out. The
> Windows driver allows simultaneous use of 3 tuners, but I thought the
> Linux driver was one tuner at a time

Yes it looks good. except it only does Disqec V1.0 only for some reason as
far as I can tell. (I'd need something to plug into it to test it) after I
get the card but there is about a 2 week wait for it at the wholesalers (and
aquilatech who get it from there)

btw.. is there any DVB-T being broadcast at the moment?

Thanks