[mythtvnz] With a Skystar2 card is a Hauppauge PVR (or similar) card still necessary?

Matt Poff mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 13 May 2007 09:24:55 +1200

Robin Gilks wrote:
> The way things are shaping up, it looks like we'll only need two cards for
> all channels simultaneously for the next couple of years since there are
> only 2 multiplexes being used (although I guess that could change anytime
> since so little information has been released).

And from what I understand, two LNCs are required to record FreeView
DBV-S signals from TVNZ and CanWest simultaneously because they operate
on two different transponder frequencies. If this is the case will  a
DiSEqC 1.1 switch work with the SkyStar 2 or would separate cable have
to be run for each LNC?

Analogue terrestrial capture is starting to look a whole lot better
again... less than perfect reception considered.