[mythtvnz] With a Skystar2 card is a Hauppauge PVR (or similar) card still necessary?

Tim Boobyer mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sat, 12 May 2007 19:17:54 +1200

At 06:43 p.m. 12/05/2007, you wrote:
> > The inability to record more than one programme off dvb is in fact a major
> > fault of mythtv at present, other software can record two or more channels
> > at once. Notably webscheduler (windows). I am not sure whether VDR (linux)
> > can do so. I intend to find out.
> >

>For the record, vdr does have this ability

And it works very nicely indeed.  As an example of the flexibility of
its backend, I have at times accidentally had the same program
recording to disk twice as well as another channel.