[mythtvnz] TVNZ News channel to be encrypted

Craig Whitmore mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 8 May 2007 13:28:39 +1200

> "Also on a technical point, TVNZ communications director Peter
> Parussini points out he was incorrect telling this column last week
> that the two new TVNZ Freeview channels will be encrypted so they
> cannot be picked up by Sky.

Talking about encrypted channels.. Can linux be used to decrypt any of the
channels out there? I know what SKY UHF can easily be decrytped, but Sky Sat
and other encryted data? Can i get a card reader for linux so I can put my
Sky Card in it for example and then see Sky on MythTV or alike?

Any links or alike ppl can give me?

Also.. Are there any 3rd party Boxes I can put my Sky card in so I don't
have to pay the huge amount to rent the MySky Box

Thanks