[mythtvnz] TVNZ News channel to be encrypted

Simon Green mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 8 May 2007 11:30:03 +1200

In case people missed it, in today's Herald:

"Also on a technical point, TVNZ communications director Peter
Parussini points out he was incorrect telling this column last week
that the two new TVNZ Freeview channels will be encrypted so they
cannot be picked up by Sky.

In fact, Freeview set-top boxes cannot deal with encrypted signals.
TVNZ says Sky still cannot play them. But it is prevented by the
Copyright Act, not by technology."

So all mythtv users can now rest easy :-)

  -- simon