[mythtvnz] Re: IR Blasters and Pace STB

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 3 May 2007 15:02:38 +1200 (NZST)

On Thu, May 3, 2007 2:17 pm, Chris Manning wrote:
> I found when using the irblaster that came with my MCE remote, with the
> Pace STB that the first digit was often not picked up by the STB (even
> though the irblaster was sending it, as evidenced by the irblaster led)
> no matter where I positioned the irblaster. I solved this by always
> sending a 0 before the desired channel number and now it always works
> fine with any reasonable positioning.

I always send the codes as 3 digits anyway. Do you send 3 or 4 digits?

I also use the IR units that come with the Hauppauge MCE remotes.

Problem appears to be positioning. Not had problems with other Pace units=
..

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz