[mythtvnz] IR Blasters and Pace DSR 600 STB

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 3 May 2007 11:10:21 +1200 (NZST)

On Thu, May 3, 2007 9:44 am, Toby Mills wrote:
>> 1. Anyone got this working correctly.
>
>> 2. Can you provide some tips on positioning the IR Blaster
>

> IR blasters can be tricky things, of my whole myth system, its the one
> part where I feel it isn't rock solid, it just feel like its duct taped
> together and could stop working at any moment and prove impossible to
> get working again.
> Everytime I rebuild, it seems to require a different set of steps and
> black magic to get it working again.
> I wrote some brief notes on getting it working and they are on the
> knoppmyth wiki site, but its currently down so I can't give you a URL.
>
> In terms of positioning, mine is actually sitting at a 45 degree angle
> to the decoder (taped to the side of my mythbackend), so long as its
> pointing in the general direction it will be fine, distance is not
> critical so long as its not too close and not too far away (half a mete=
> should be fine).
>
> When the knoppmyth wiki site is back up, have a look at that, I have
> some script snippets on their that I have used in the past to get it
> working.
> There isn't really a definitive guide though because it seems a bit wei=
rd.

I've setup a lot of IR Blasters myself without issue. The problem is this
particular Pace model (DSR600) is rather pickey about the position, and
the customer is doing it themselves.

The myPVR IRBlaster support package has an easy setup and selector for
Pace/Zenith/Motorola STBs, so package setup/install etc is really easy. I=
is just the physical side of things that is a pain.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz
sales   - sales@openmedia.co.nz