[mythtvnz] IR Blasters and Pace STB

Toby Mills mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 03 May 2007 09:44:41 +1200

> 1. Anyone got this working correctly.

> 2. Can you provide some tips on positioning the IR Blaster

IR blasters can be tricky things, of my whole myth system, its the one
part where I feel it isn't rock solid, it just feel like its duct taped
together and could stop working at any moment and prove impossible to
get working again.
Everytime I rebuild, it seems to require a different set of steps and
black magic to get it working again.
I wrote some brief notes on getting it working and they are on the
knoppmyth wiki site, but its currently down so I can't give you a URL.

In terms of positioning, mine is actually sitting at a 45 degree angle
to the decoder (taped to the side of my mythbackend), so long as its
pointing in the general direction it will be fine, distance is not
critical so long as its not too close and not too far away (half a meter
should be fine).

When the knoppmyth wiki site is back up, have a look at that, I have
some script snippets on their that I have used in the past to get it
working.
There isn't really a definitive guide though because it seems a bit weird.