[mythtvnz] SkyStar card & MythTV setup documentation

Robin Gilks mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 2 May 2007 23:35:36 +1200 (NZST)

> Craig Box wrote:
>> I bought a SkyStar 2 card today.  Didn't take long to set it up with
>> Freeview, mostly thanks to the docs at pvr.geek.nz.  As they were almost
>> over my head, they'll undoubtedly be over the heads of many others, so
>> I've simplified them, and rolled in some required changes.  It's all
>> written up:
>>
>> http://www.wlug.org.nz/FreeViewMythTvSetup
>>
>> Please feel free to add to and edit this page.
>>
>> Craig

> Good one Craig. I wrote up a small entry about 'scan' sometimes being
> known as 'dvbscan', distro dependent. Gotta love those wikis.
>
> I might add a bit about where to find TV1 & TV2 if you are stuck with
> one LNB and Sky's vertical polarization.

I'd certainly appreciate that Nick - save a grey cell or two!

Might as well use the card for something other than just getting the EPG
data - still in the wait or $125 for the dual pol LNB mode at present. I
was going to prevaricate but I couldn't make up my mind...

--
Robin Gilks