[mythtvnz] Setting up for freeview - idiot's guide please

Nick Rout mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 1 May 2007 14:17:55 +1200 (NZST)

I am in Lyttelton and have Sky digital. I am not sure how long we have ha=
it but the dish (and LNB) are at least 5 years old, if not 8.

I have a SkyStar II PCI DVB-S card that currently sits in a linux (but no=
mythtv) box.

The connection is:

dish<-->splitter<--power passthru--> Sky Box

             --------- no passthru-->skystar

At present I seem to be able to get (via dvbstream) TV1 & TV2 on a
vertical pol at 12671 on pids 1004/1104 (TV1) and 1005/1105 (TV2). I
haven't really looked for more since D1 went on line, i used to be able t=
get Maori, TVNZ wide etc etc.

I also have a splitter that is capable of passing power on all three
splits, but it isn't in the loom yet. Eventually I would like two
skystars.

So what do I need to do?

I think I need two LNB's unless either Sky or Freeview switch polarity.

If so, what is the easiest/cheapest way to get another LNB?

Does it require another cable?

Anything else I need  to know?

--=20
Nick Rout