[mythtvnz] Unable to tune to DVB-S channels

Neil Bertram mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 22:21:22 +1200

paul arthur wrote:
> Thanks Steve - you're still scanning/tuning OK.
>
> Just configuring my SkyStar2 for the first time, dvbtune, dvbstream works fine, mythtv wont
> channel scan.
>
> Can somebody please post to the list when things start working again, im not sure if my problems
> are of my own doing ;)
>
> thanks,
> Paul

Oh so you can't scan the channels even? You should check your LNB
settings (under diseqc in the DVB card config) to make sure the LOF is
configured properly...

Also remember to put in the real frequency when scanning, and it's in
KHz, not MHz, so 12483000 for example. The symbol rate should be
22500000 rather than 22500 too.

You can use dvbsnoop -s feinfo to find out if myth is tuning the LNB
properly.

I'm so glad I finally got mine sorted out, now it's definitely time to
help some others :)

Neil