[mythtvnz] Mythbackend on an old laptop ??

David Zanetti mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 11:35:14 +1200

--=-9wByinN9BT4ZCw2tU1Ee

On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 11:13 +1200, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Mon, March 26, 2007 10:56 am, paul arthur wrote:
> > Let me know why this is a dumb idea please.
> >
> > Im looking at setting up a Mythtv solution for a friend who lives in th=
> > deepest waikato - no internet, bad power, no TV signal small budget.

> If there is no TV reception, what is the point of a Mythtv solution? If
> you just want to watch videos and DVD's then something like geexbox may b=
> better.

DVB-S is visible everywhere, I suspect he means no terrestrial coverage.

--=20
David Zanetti <dave2@wetstring.net>
http://hairy.geek.nz/

--=-9wByinN9BT4ZCw2tU1Ee