[mythtvnz] help with hauppauge pvr-150

Garrett Stoupe mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 22 Mar 2007 07:38:12 +1200

Hey guys

I have setup mythtv on unbuntu 6.10 using the instructions at
http://www.djlosch.com/article_How-to:_Ubuntu_Edgy_and_MythTV_and_Hauppauge_PVR-150

the install went fine, How ever when ever I come to do a manual test,
to test the tv-tuner card using
ivtv-tune -f 196.25
cat /dev/video0 > /root/mpg

or
ivtv-tune -f 196.25
mplayer /dev/video0

I am not picking up any signal and only receiving a grainy picture
Even running scanTV using PAL-BG and newzealand I am not picking up any picture.

Mythtv is working fine, I am able to use the remote With Mythtv, But I
am unable to tune in any picture

When Running Dmesg, It detects the tuner as well, This is new to me,
And I may be lost, Can someone please help me.

Also what should the /etc/modprobe.d/ivtv should be like for new
zealand settings?