[mythtvnz] MythtTV, where should recorded files go for the uPNP feature?

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:46:45 +1200 (NZST)

On Wed, March 21, 2007 12:07 pm, Douglas Pearless wrote:

>    I have been trying to get some of my own family videos onto my
> KnoppMyth video server so I can access them via my DSM-320 (uPNP).
>
>    I am unsure exactly where the videos (AVI and MPG files) should go
> so the uPNP server in MythTV can find/play them.
>
>    I can see the MythTV uPNP server via my DSM-320, but where shoudl
> the files go?

Normally the uPNP support only exports RecordedTV and Music. It doesn't
show your Videos. There is a patch to enable videos.

Take a look at http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2565

I'd really like to know hwo well this works for you. I've played with som=
DLink UPnP devices and the level of support was very poor.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz
sales   - sales@openmedia.co.nz