[mythtvnz] connection timeout (frontend, won't talk to backend on same system)

Jonathan Bell mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 20 Mar 2007 23:16:50 +1200

Hi

Still battling with this problem, I think I have found some more
information,  it  seems that the myth processes are not connecting to
the ports 6543 and 6545. 6543  being the port  used to communicate
between the back and the front.

Any idea as to why myth can't grab the ports.

Strangely, once today it worked after I turned off openvpn and gave me
an nmap output like the following

Not shown: 1674 closed ports
PORT     STATE SERVICE
22/tcp   open  ssh
80/tcp   open  http
111/tcp  open  rpcbind
443/tcp  open  https
3306/tcp open  mysql
6543/tcp open  mythtv
6544/tcp open  mythtv
5800/tcp open  vnc-http
5900/tcp open  vnc

but since then all I get is this

(The 1667 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
PORT     STATE SERVICE
22/tcp   open  ssh
80/tcp   open  http
111/tcp  open  rpcbind
443/tcp  open  https
3306/tcp open  mysql
5800/tcp open  vnc-http
5900/tcp open  vnc

Unfortunately leaving openvpn off it is back to not working again.

Again, any suggestions gratefully accepted

Cheers
Jonathan Bell