[mythtvnz] Re: TV tuner cards - low cost recommendations?

Andrew Gordon mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 05 Mar 2007 16:19:21 +1300

nick@rout.co.nz wrote:
> But as is pointed out in the myth mailing lists, VDR can do it. Has anyone
> got VDR up and running in NZ? The docs are rudimentary (I am usre I oculd
> understand more about it if I knew German). What I'd love to find is an
> english version with a complete install, like knoppmyth

I had VDR running without its frontend ages ago with a USB DVB-S
receiver.  I used a web interface to it to schedule recordings.  Once
the DVB "card" was working (with dvbstream etc) I don't remember it
being very difficult, but I wasn't using it's on-screen frontend.  It
would quite happily try and record more than one program from a
multiplex at once the only problem being the lack of bandwidth on the
USB1 interface to the DVB receiver.