[mythtvnz] FreeView MHEG-5 EPG in action

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sat, 3 Mar 2007 18:33:31 +1300 (NZDT)

On Sat, March 3, 2007 6:04 pm, Steve Hodge wrote:
> On 3/3/07, Steven Ellis <steven@openmedia.co.nz> wrote:
>>
>> Been an interesting couple of weeks getting this to work.
>>
>> Have a look at http://www.mythtv.co.nz for the latest information.
>>

> Good stuff.

Feeling rather pleased with myself :). Big thanks to David for his patche=
as well.

> Do you know anything about TVNZ's plans re EPG data? Are they going to
> continue to broadcast the data in the standard DVB way as well? If not,
> will it be possible to extract the EPG data from the MHEG5 stream?

Nothing confirmed, but there are some rumours that they will only have
Now/Next in the EIT data. It is a way to force equipment suppliers to
support their MHEG-5 based EPG.

The data appears to be quite easy to parse. I was able to get a dump of i=
using the code from http://redbutton.sf.net

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz