[mythtvnz] Introduction

Hayden Barker mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 28 Jun 2007 20:30:44 +1200

Hi there !

Just introducing myself to the list.

My Name is Hayden Barker , 26, I'm a Gemini and enjoy long walks on
the bea..... just kidding.

My Name IS Hayden Barker and I AM 26. Come to think of it I'm a Gemini
too.... not so fond of the beach.

I live in Naenae in Wellington and work with people with disabilities
organising community participation.

I have been looking at MythTV as a project for years but have never
had the TV card or linux experience to set a PVR up. Well I have been
messing around with linux for sometime now and feel quite confident to
play and do most things. I run a CentOS Based ClarkConnect server for
our house router/firewall/server and I have just recently built my
PVR.

PVR-150MCE Tuner Card
Dell Dimension 3000 PC
2.8ghz P4
256mb Ram ( AHHHHHH ! Don't worry I'm buying more.)
250gig Hard Drive
Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
Hooked up to a groovy 37" Phillips LCD :-)
Running Ubuntu Feisty 7.04 as a MythTV Frontend/Backend/Desktop.

Everything seems to be lining up pretty well. Have everything working
pretty well but am hoping someone on the list can help with EPG stuff
and also how to tune my card into the Free to Air "rebeamed" content
that TelstraClear provide down their cables. I have DigitalTV but want
my box to be independant of the decoder. Flatmates always changing
channels while I'm recording.

I look forward to being able to write a bit of a MythTV NZ HOWTO based
on my experience and contribute it to this list also.

Well Hello again !

Signing off.

Hayden Barker