[mythtvnz] lirc and myth

Criggie mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 19 Jun 2007 07:24:26 +1200 (NZST)

Robin Gilks wrote:
>> When I've made a recording it seems a good idea to want to transfer a
>> movie over to video library so I can watch it over again, but I cant
>> figure how to move it.

> All the metadata (epg etc) associated with the file is held in the mysql
> database and relates to just that one file in its original location -
> moving the file doesn't change anything in the database so the metadata
> doesn't move with the file.

Correct

> If you want to keep it, why not just go into the Watch Recordings screen
> and press 'i' (info) and select to Preserve it and turn off Autoexpire.
> That way it stays there until *YOU* decide to delete it.

Bad - un-transcoded recordings take more disk space, and its disk space
from your Recordings store.  I transcode mine to XviD then put the files
either onto CD/DVD or onto another NFS server.  Transcoding also removes
the ads, provided they are correctly marked.

I can't advise re lirc - never used it.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.dyndns.org/