[mythtvnz] lirc and myth

Robin Gilks mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 18 Jun 2007 23:50:16 +1200 (NZST)

> Greetings to the list;
> I'm fairly new to mythtv having just added it to my feisty install and
> over the last few months ironed out the pvr 350 issues I had been
> struggling with.
> While still to sort out lirc installation I'm having a blind spot
> regarding recordings.
> When I've made a recording it seems a good idea to want to transfer a
> movie over to video library so I can watch it over again, but I cant
> figure how to move it.
> I can find the file, but all the details from the epg are suddenly not
> there. What am I missing?

All the metadata (epg etc) associated with the file is held in the mysql
database and relates to just that one file in its original location -
moving the file doesn't change anything in the database so the metadata
doesn't move with the file.

If you want to keep it, why not just go into the Watch Recordings screen
and press 'i' (info) and select to Preserve it and turn off Autoexpire.
That way it stays there until *YOU* decide to delete it.

Alternatively use the Transcode option (under Jobs) as this gives you the
option to put in edit points so that the adverts get removed when the
program is moved (and compressed) across to the Video storage. It takes a
while but who cares if it takes all night!!

--
Robin Gilks