[mythtvnz] Request: post mythwelcome activity in /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log

Matt Poff mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sat, 02 Jun 2007 19:00:57 +1200

I'm trying to configure mythwelcome to set wake time on my system but
the script which writes the timestamp to the BIOS is not being called.
Unhelpfully, the mythwelcome suite (particularly mythshutdown) doesn't
seem to log any message activity except 10 second countdown intervals
until shutdown so I can't work out why it isn't calling the shell script
which sets the wake time.

The script runs fine off the command line and sets the acpi alarm
setting correctly (with UTC offset for my BIOS).

My script is /usr/bin/MythWakeSet and it has been added to the sudoer
list with visudo. I've run it as the mythtv user off the command line
and it runs OK so I won't post the contents. I'm certain the issue lies
somewhere between the backend and mythwelcome. The command string
entered into the mythwelcome nvram wakeup field is "sudo
/usr/bin/MythWakeSet" but it doesn't get called when Myth shuts the
system down.

If anyone *is* using mythwelcome with an acpi wakeup (rather than nvram)
I'd really appreciate if you could post your shutdown/wake settings from
mythtv-setup and mythwelcome setup and any activity in mythbackend.log
which shows mythwelcome/mythshutdown activity.

Matt