[mythtvnz] MythTV outputs sound faster than others

Nick Rout mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 31 Jul 2007 23:56:40 +1200

Daniel McKenzie wrote:
> Hey all,
> I've recently hit across a random problem. Last night we were watching
> a video but noticed that the pitch of the characters voices was
> steadily increasing as the movie went along, the video speed was
> gaining just to keep up. I hadn't done anything to the MythBox
> recently for it to happen. Thinking it was just a problem with the
> video itself, we went to watch another thing, but it was also fast.
> Then watched a recorded program, once again, voice pitch is up (Jason
> Gunn on speed... argh!). Even while watching LiveTV (oddly enough),
> but that was struggling.
>
> I ran Mplayer to see if it was a sound system problem, but Mplayer was
> fine. Timestretch is at 1.0x. Sound output is at /dev/dsp.
>
> As said, this is completely random. Even a restart didn't fix it. Any
> ideas?
>
> --
> Daniel McKenzie
Mythtv has a secret feature. Once you have more recorded TV than it
thinks you can handle it speeds everything up so that you get time to
watch it all. Honest. Its not even April.