[mythtvnz] Re: Multiple channels one multiplex solution?

Sam Hadley-Jones mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 31 Jul 2007 21:02:44 +1200

Hey Nick,

Just read your post from last week. It's funny coz I've been thinking
about doing exactly this for months! I didn't know about the wiki page
on it. This was the main motivation behind getting a second DVB-S card
the other week. I'll give this a go in the next few days.

Oh, and some people wanted to know how my Twinhan VP-1020A stacks up
against the SkyStar 2. Both are zero configuration (at least in ubuntu)
but the frontend hooks for the 1020A are incomplete - all signal
strength, S/N ratio and BE are missing or bogus. Aside from that, with
the bad whether in the past week or so I've seen the 1020A stutter from
rain fade when the Skystar performs flawlessly - and that's with the
skystar looped from the 1020A! This is on a 65cm dish, stock 11.3GHz LNB
and 10m of cheap coax - not ideal. On a short run of low loss coax with
a 65cm dish, the 1020A should perform well. They're cheap and don't
require a splitter (since you can loop the next card through).

Sam.