[mythtvnz] Display Problem and some info

Duncan Ritchie mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 29 Jul 2007 18:38:19 +1200

Nick Rout wrote:
>What resolution is your X server running at? Mine was confused for some
>time because I was running 1024x768 on a 16:9 widescreen. But the quality
was ?
>fine. My output was through the VGA connector.

It is running at 1920x1080 (1080p) on a 16:9 widescreen projector.  From
what I have been able to work out the Internal Player is stretching the
vertically by about double.  Logos etc look stretched as well. All of the
channel information is off the bottom of the screen.  I tried setting the
screen size in the appearance settings which did nothing.  I have tried all
of the aspect settings in the player settings screen.

Mplayer works perfectly.  And I tried Mythfrontend on a VNC session to a
1024x768 running as a separate X environment and it worked perfectly.

Duncan