[mythtvnz] Intro/Background

Barry Clearwater mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 26 Jul 2007 15:52:51 +1200

If you are able to backup regularly, LVM has the upside of when you add
storage its trivial to increase what you have, fwiw though I believe
this works best with a raid configuration as a base, so RAID1 gives a
mirrored drive and extra security over your data.  The number of hard
drives I have replaced this year with totally unrecoverable contents
(without a trip to a USA clean room ~US$4000) astounds me.

Barry