[mythtvnz] Intro/Background

Matt Poff mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:08:48 +1200

Hadley Rich wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 17:51:04 Matt Crampton wrote:
>
>> At the moment, I bought another 320GB HDD to put in, but am debating
>> whether to do a clean install with Fiesty (Ubuntu 7.04) or keep what I've
>> got. Also wanting to setup LVM as well, so I can add more hard drives over
>> time, as the case can hold upto 6 and it's got enough SATA connections
>> onboard.

I'm running on a fresh install of Feisty 7.04 and was convinced away
from using LVM towards the storage groups approach by online docs. The
reason was that if a HD fails it sounded far from trivial to replace it
and maintain the LVM volume. Storage groups were more like a lizard's
tail... just grow another one and resume :)