[mythtvnz] Surplus Auravision Vxp524 DVB-S cards

Nick Rout mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 18 Jul 2007 14:59:19 +1200 (NZST)

On Wed, July 18, 2007 2:32 pm, Richard wrote:
> Can you post a pic of them?
>
> Auravision is a PCI bridge maker, there are chips by them on lots of
> cards.

Well that explains some of the weird looking hits on google!

> I think the original skymedias used them (long time ago)
>
> If they are a skymedia then I have used them under windows with progdvb=
,
> not
> tried linux but the data drivers were so bad that it would be surprisin=
> if
> they worked for more then an hour without needing a reboot.

I had no luck even getting a driver for the skymedia to compile under any
kernel after about 0.5 (ok maybe thats an exaggeration, but there is
certainly nothing for 2.6.x).

--=20
Nick Rout