[mythtvnz] Free to Air BBC World on TV One - best way to 'inject' bbc.co.uk guide data after Freeview EPG update?

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 17 Jul 2007 18:13:38 +1200

>>Now I guess then i need to be importing the BBC World programme data then?
>>But ignoring it?
>

>Indeed.  Just set the channel to not be visible.
>
>>Also, won't this fail when TV1 do actually have something on after
>>midnight (like they did with the maericas cup). The TV1 data won't be
>>deleted (because title <> "BBC World", but something from the BBC will be
>>written in there, creating potentially two porgrams on the same channel at
>>the same time.
>>
>>Or have I read your script worng?
>>

>Absolutely that's what will happen. Like I said on the 1 night I was
>up, the data lined up perfectly.  8)
>
>For something a little more accurate you could try:
>
>REPLACE INTO program
>(chanid,starttime,endtime,title,subtitle,description,category,category_type,airdate,stars,previouslyshown,title_pronounce,stereo,subtitled,hdtv,closecaptioned,partnumber,parttotal,seriesid,originalairdate,showtype,colorcode,syndicatedepisodenumber,programid,manualid)
>SELECT
>XXXX,new.starttime,new.endtime,new.title,new.subtitle,new.description,new.category,new.category_type,new.airdate,new.stars,new.previouslyshown,new.title_pronounce,new.stereo,new.subtitled,new.hdtv,new.closecaptioned,new.partnumber,new.parttotal,new.seriesid,new.originalairdate,new.showtype,new.colorcode,new.syndicatedepisodenumber,new.programid,new.manualid
>FROM program as new JOIN program as old
>ON (new.starttime>=old.starttime AND new.endtime<=old.endtime)
>WHERE (old.chanid=1001 AND old.title="BBC World") AND new.chanid=2026;
>
>DELETE FROM program WHERE title="BBC World" AND chanid=XXXX;
>

>Replace XXXX with the TV One chanid, and YYYY with the BBC World
>chanid, and you should be set.  With this one though you may end up
>with a couple of gaps where TV One switches to/from BBC World
>programming halfway through a program.
>
>  - Wade

Oops.  Typos.

WHERE (old.chanid=1001 AND old.title="BBC World") AND new.chanid=2026;

should really be

WHERE (old.chanid=XXXX AND old.title="BBC World") AND new.chanid=YYYY;

  - Wade