[mythtvnz] Serial IR reciever Skystar 2 - lirc compatable

Andrew Ruthven mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 02 Jul 2007 12:29:20 +1200

--=-SLmW6c5Gw9C3ryZ5oQRn

On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 09:31 +1200, David Shepherd wrote:
> > If that helps.  It is still entirely possible that it is a driver
> > issue, but it pays to check the easy stuff!
> >
> I had a similar problem (I think) and I solved it by adding a=20
> "setserial" command to the /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh (although there's=20
> probably a better place to add it)
> See http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO.html#toc8.5

On my frontend I also had to tell the LIRC module which serial port to
listen to.  Probably just an issue with the crappy Via Epia
motherboards.

To do this I have an init script that I run just before the lirc init
script that sets the uart to none for the port and loads the kernel
module with the correct settings.

Cheers!

--=20
Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand