[mythtvnz] Now I'm using two sources...

Hadley Rich mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 2 Jul 2007 14:53:46 +1200

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 14:40:04 Robin Gilks wrote:
> For the last 2 years I've been using the svideo input to a PVR150 card
> from a Sky STB. I now have a SkyStar card so I have 2 sources. This has
> changed the user interface in the following areas:
>
> * I've set the priority of the Sat card higher than the PVR150 so that it
> is the preferred source for recordings - it also seems to make it the
> preferred LiveTV source which I thought would take the lowest priority
> source :-(

There's an option in (I believe the frontend) settings  'Avoid conflicts
between recordings and LiveTV' - this should fix that.

> * when browsing in LiveTV mode I can only browse the current source -
> seems to be a bit of a limitation or is it just me! A PITA if the Sat card
> (with all 3 channels available on it) is the default.

Not sure on this one, I think that is the case. I have our Sky input as the
default so this doesn't affect me.

> * Playback seems a bit jerky now - although this may be coincidental with
> the latest ffmpeg resync introducing various problems on Via C2 CPUs.

I'd imagine that your conclusion might be correct there. I'm having issues
after the ffmpeg sync too. Playing back recordings from our PVR150 card (not
the DVB cards, they're fine), only on one frontend though. I believe there's
another ffmpeg sync coming up soon so hopefully that addresses the issues.

> Anyone any thoughts?

HTH

hads

--