[mythtvnz] anyone recommend the Phillips 32" LCD Widescreen flat TV?

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 18 Jan 2007 11:49:25 +1300

------=_Part_39980_18352245.1169074165324

On 1/17/07, Jason Haar <jhaar-ourshack-com@whanau.org> wrote:

> We have size constraints, and the power consumption rates of plasma
> leave me cold (I'm gonna save the world all by myself by not buying
> plasma!).

Power consumption for plasmas is certainly worse than LCD - mine uses 280W.
But then my Myth box probably uses in excess of 100W, and unlike the plasma
it's on 24/7. Or think of it this way: my plasma uses the same amount of
power in 6 hours that my electric heater uses in 40 minutes. In terms of
cost it works out to about 5c per hour. I probably have the plasma on for
about 4 hours a day, so it's costing about $50 per year more than the
Philips LCD you are considering.

Cheers,
Steve