[mythtvnz] KnoppMyth R5E50 on Shuttle ST61G4 - TV out problems

Karl Leaning mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 12 Jan 2007 21:06:17 +1300

Just a side note, be wary of the chipset on the Shuttle ST61G4. It has
problems with the SATA under Linux. I am using one of those boxes for my
current file and print server. I found the response a little tardy when
copying large number of small files over the network (or populating SQL
databases), upon changing to a PATA drive everything came back to life
as it were.

Also there are problems with the USB ports not being fully USB 2.0 standard.

You will get a bonus by using a AGP video card of about 5% improvement
in memory bandwidth. The 5200 has the advantage that some use passive
cooling. If you do require a 5200 card, I have one you can have (read
gratis) which supports dual DVI and has a break out box for supporting
component and S-Video that I used in my Shuttle.