[mythtvnz] KM R5E50 out, and MythMusic problems

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 9 Jan 2007 15:02:33 +1300

------=_Part_47835_32320426.1168308153028

On 1/9/07, AlanP <alan.p@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

> At 02:14 p.m. 9/01/2007, you wrote:
> >>For some reason, when I upgraded the ONLY problem I had is that
> MythMusic
> >>doesn't recognise ANY of my mp3s at all. Not a one. I checked the KM
> >>forums, no solutions listed. One, touch'ing the mp3s to update the
> >>timestamps, that failed. None of my settings for MythMusic have changed
> at
> >>all from .19 R5C7.
> >>
> >>Does anyone know why none of my music is getting listed at all?
> >I know the database schema for Mythmusic changed radically with 0.20,
> >perhaps a problem with the db upgrade? Have you spotted anything in the
> logs?
>
> Nothing in the main Myth log, and I can't find any logs for mythmusic at
> all.

Mythmusic is frontend only - it only uses the backend for the db. So the
frontend logs would be the most likely place for errors to appear.

Also, I tried deleting a few rows from the db for the music
> collection, but it wouldn't pick up the songs I removed from the db. (On
> reflection that's a bit strange, that the music is all in the database,
> but
> isn't displaying in MythMusic at all.)

Which table? musicmetadata is no longer used, AFAICT. Mythmusic now uses
music_songs, music_artists, music_albums, etc.

On a semi-related note, what's an easy way of deleting tons of rows from a
> table without deleting the table at all? Because doing it through webmin
> is
> dead slow.

delete from <tablename>;

Not sure about wemin. I use sqlyog under Windows.

Cheers,
Steve