[mythtvnz] mythtv and sky uhf

Neil Henwood mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 03 Jan 2007 22:39:35 +1300

Craig Spiers wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Has anyone got myth tv decoding sky uhf much like hvcplus does?
>
> I'm a sky UHF subscriber and wouldnt mind having an 'all in one'
> solution without the need for a hairy IR sender..
>
> Cheers,
> Craig

As it happens, I am thinking about setting up VMware on my Myth box so
that I can install M$ to "Test" (The length of the Super 14 _should_ be
enough) the possibility of using the hvc application to decode the UHF
signal, then feed the video output back into a myth tuner for recording
as normal. Unless I can get hvc to output a mpg file, I believe that I
will have to use 2 tv tuners and the video card looped together to get
it to work though. (Makes available PCI slots a premium.) Will have to
also look into using VNC to control the virtual machines running these
operating systems for channel changing etc...
At this stage, I have not got past the thinking stage, and downloading
VMware, as I will need to get a new capture card, with the correct
chipset. I'll also need to get a better box to run it all on, as I think
that my Duron 800 that I use as a dedicated backend (among other things)
now wont cope running hvc & windows on top of it.

Has anybody used VMWare & Myth before?

Neil