[mythtvnz] TV tuner cards - low cost recommendations?

Graeme Woollett mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 26 Feb 2007 09:33:20 +1300

> Not that one in particular, but I spent hours and hours messing with a
> BT878 based card and a Philips SAA7134 based card.
>
> The best thing to get is a "Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150MCE TV Tuner PCI
> OEM	$108.53" or simiar.  Yes its more expensive than the $50 cards, but it
> is money well spent.

I agree the PVR-150's are well worth the extra money.
Apart from the fact that Mythtv *always* sets them (and the sound card)
to a low audio level for recording/playback.
There seem to be no config options in Mythtv to alter this... :-(