[mythtvnz] TV tuner cards - low cost recommendations?

Criggie mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sat, 24 Feb 2007 07:39:45 +1300 (NZDT)

Graeme Nelson wrote:
> I'm wanting to start playing around with PVR, etc. and am wanting to
> know if anyone has had any success with low cost tuner cards (e.g. the
> first 10-20 entries on http://www.pricespy.co.nz/pno_853.html).

> In particular, has anyone tried (or heard of someone trying) the InnoDV
> SmarTV LE TV Tuner/Video Capture Card?

Not that one in particular, but I spent hours and hours messing with a
BT878 based card and a Philips SAA7134 based card.

The best thing to get is a "Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150MCE TV Tuner PCI
OEM	$108.53" or simiar.  Yes its more expensive than the $50 cards, but it
is money well spent.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.dyndns.org/