[mythtvnz] Another cheeky cap request - Rude Awakenings ep 1

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 15:16:20 +1300 (NZDT)

On Thu, February 15, 2007 2:48 pm, Steve Hodge wrote:
> On 2/15/07, nick@rout.co.nz <nick@rout.co.nz> wrote:
>>
>> What do you think my mother would say  (assuming she wanted to watch
>> Rude
>> Awakenings) if you told her that she cannot video it because you can
>> download it on the net "on demand". She doesn't even have a computer!
>>

> That's why I think they mean to say that you can't timeshift on-demand
> video, not that you can't timeshift video that is also available
> on-demand.
> Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if what it actually says is quite
> different to what was originally intended.

The intent is you can't time shift if it is available on-demand. Doesn't
matter if it is PPV or normal FTA TV.

Hence if the ammendment was law we could all be prosecuted for recording
Rude Awakenings last Friday.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz