[mythtvnz] what lircd.conf to use for TelstraClear remote?

Duncan Kennington mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 09 Feb 2007 09:19:04 +1300 (NZDT)

> I think the Ch+/Ch- works for the remote, I can see it with irw
> the problem is, where do I map it to in lircrc in MythTV ?
> by default it is mapped to Up/Down, but then the channel changes in
> mythtv
> and not on my cablemodem.
> I can do /usr/local/lirc-ledxmit/bin/ledxmit-irsend SEND_ONCE
> ADB_ICAN3000 ch+
> but you cannot send ch+ to the channelchange.sh as it needs digits
> so I wonder how to get this right..

Ahh, lircrc is only for mapping INBOUND ir signals.  Myth will not execute CH+
or CH- commands when changing channels - it will always explicitly use the
channel number.  I.E. if you are watching 2, and push Ch+ to change to 3, myth
should run

channelchange.ch 3

not

channelchange.sh CH+

If this isn't working, then it's probably one of two things:
1) the script isn't working (easy to test - at a shell, try
$ /usr/local/bin/channelchange.sh 2
$ /usr/local/bin/channelchange.sh 35
$ /usr/local/bin/channelchange.sh 500
etc.  remember permissions - if you're bad like me and use the root account for
everything, then you might find this works as root but not as the user you run
Myth under.)

2) the channel.freqid is not correctly populated in the database.  This is the
field in the DB that Myth uses to pass to the channel change script when it
calls it.  If you have a free-to-air tuner as well, DON'T make the FREQIDs match
the CHANNUMs - you'll break them.  Only set FREQID=CHANNUM where CARDID=<number
of your Cable capture card).

For reference, my channel changing script is:

#!/bin/sh
REMOTE_NAME=sky
for digit in $(echo $1 | sed -e 's/./& /g'); do
  /usr/local/lirc-ledxmit/bin/ledxmit-irsend SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME $digit
  sleep 1.3
done

(the sleep is important - depending on the decoder this can be adjusted down -
1.3 is slow, but always works.  I found 0.8 would have 20 sometimes change to 2
instead)