[mythtvnz] Lazarus, a MythTV project.

Dirk Pilat mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 05 Feb 2007 17:52:33 +1300

Good day and hello,

as a new member of the MythTV community I wanted to ask you guys and gals
a little question (or twentyseven).

I am the proud owner of a HP DV1000 laptop that was gifted to me after it
was completely destroyed when a tractor drove over it (don't ask. these
things happen in North Otago).

While the screen, HD, and CD/DVD drive are all broken, the motherboard
itself is actually still very useable and happy to boot Knoppix 5.0 with
an external USB CD/DVD drive. Keyboard + Mouse (via USB) and built in
wireless card (unfortunately a Broadcom) work as well. It has a
surprisingly silent Fan on its 1.5 Mhz Pentium M and the built in Intel
855GM GPU supports up to 1280 x 768.

...and it has S-Video. Which, with its small footprint and its slimness,
make it the perfect multimedia machine.

This is where you come in. My questions are:

For a workable MythTV install, would you suggest

a) USB2 or Sata HD?
b) are USB2 TvTuner cards useable under MythTV?
c) is the built in GPU good enough to deliver the goods on my (very
normal) TV?

Thanks for your help,

Dirk